The East End Coordination Group, also known as East End Adelaide (EEA), is a volunteer committee made up of traders, property owners and residents. We’re partly funded by Adelaide City Council and dedicated to the precinct’s continued improvement. We focus on structure, function, access, vibrancy, security, cleanliness and communication.
EEA acts as a representative voice for The East End community about issues impacting the East End. Recent issues have included the re-development of the old Royal Adelaide Hospital, the O-Bahn City Access project, traffic and parking issues. East End Adelaide has taken a leading role in initiating meetings with key Government personnel, Ministers and planning authorities to ensure that the concerns and views of the East End community are heard.
EEA also coordinates a number of events designed specifically to attract people to the East End, including the popular Summer Fridays now the Ebenezer Night Markets, the Christmas Living Advent Calendar program and Bikes and Baristas. We also support a number of other fantastic events including; Fringe Dining on Rundle, Hit107 laneway events, Barossa on Ebenezer and East End Wine down food and wine events.
The East End Coordination Group (EECG), also known as East End Adelaide is an independent body, representing the interests of businesses and residents, established to ensure the East End remains a precinct where we all want to live, conduct business, work and play.
The EECG meets on the 2nd Tuesday or Wednesday of every month (except in Jaunary). Meetings commence at 6pm and are hosted at various locations within the East End depending on numbers and room availability.
If you would like to attend a committee meeting please email our coordinator: [email protected]
If you would like more information about the committee please click here.
The East End will consist of a community of business people and residents actively contributing to one of the most alive, innovative and cultural lifestyle precincts in Australia and demonstrating that living, working, learning, relaxing and conversing together is productive, meaningful and enjoyable.
Our mission is to build the vision by ensuring that the East End community and stakeholders; traders, residents, visitors and The Adelaide City Council, work together to appreciate, understand and become actively engaged in building and promoting the East End brand, improving the supporting infrastructure and consultation processes, promoting and maintaining positive, strong communication between the East End community, and participating in the process of attracting visitation and investment to the East End.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Increase membership
- To promote new businesses in the Precinct. Increase visitor numbers to the East End.
- To gain sponsors for the East End.
- Increase awareness of East End.
- Establish marketing timetable
- Maintain and build an East End database of traders, residents and visitors.
- Develop and Maintain an East End website
- To improve Assets of the East End such as street lighting, paving and greening.
- Establish, maintain and increase awareness of website.
- Distribute a bi-monthly newsletter.
- Distribute an ad hoc e-newsletter.
- Survey traders and residents about the East End.
- Establish ourselves as a conduit for trader and resident communication to Council and other stakeholders and lobby causes on behalf of members
- To hold monthly EECG meetings
- To hold an EECG Annual General Meeting.
- Increase the number of Committee members.
- To display our commitment and enthusiasm for other worthwhile causes/events.